Course Details & Class Information
" I feel that the HypnoBirthing® programme is so distinctly different from the other childbirth programmes, that its uniqueness guarantees the safety and trust of birthing families in the UK and throughout the world."
Marie Mongan, HypnoBirthing® creator and founder,December 2011
Across South Yorkshire (Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster,Wakefield, Sheffield) & Beyond...
- Group and Private antenatal Classes running throughout every calendar month
- Bookings are now being taken for JUNE and JULY 2013 onwards.
- Next evening group classes start Thursdays from 6th and Mondays from 10th June 2013. See below for full schedule of dates
- Book onto my free monthly taster evening and get a full sense of what HypnoBirthing®- The Mongan Method can give you, your partner and your baby. Contact me to secure your place
Still have a further question?
Visit our FAQs page for our answers to the most frequently asked questions:
Go to FAQs page→
Who is HypnoBirthing® suitable for?
The programme is suitable for anyone who simply wants a calmer, easier, more natural birth experience for themselves and their baby. It is helpful for first-time births or if you have given birth previously, for twin births and for caesarean births required due to special circumstances. Read our frequently asked question on suitability to find out more by clicking here to
Go to Suitability FAQ→
When is the best time to attend classes?
Class Options and Duration
Each course consists of 5 weekly classes of 2.5 hours. That's 12.5 hours of class time as a minimum
If your pregnancy is 35 weeks or over when you start the course, I can teach it to you over a single weekend or two separate days.
I teach the HypnoBirthing® course in group or private classes as follows to expectant mums and their chosen birth partner→
Group classes (£195 per couple)
- Throughout every calendar month
- Classes run on weekday evenings (Mondays or Thursdays) starting at 7.30pm (see also private or mini-group class options below)
- At a pleasant indoor venue in Rotherham (maximum: group of 6 couples) or outside Rotherham if group members reside in the same geographical area
- Bookings are now being taken for the next group courses :
Next Group Class Dates:
♦ On Monday or Thursday evenings starting 7.30pm
♦ Wath-upon-Dearne, Rotherham (central South Yorks venue )
♦ 5 x 2.5 hour classes taught weekly
♦ Full course for £195 per couple
June 2013 Group dates
6th, 13th,20th, 27th June , 4th July
10th,17th, 24th, June, 1st, 8th July
July 2013 Group dates
Commencing 11th July at 7:30pm for 5 weeks
Commencing 15th July at 7:30pm for 5 weeks
Book here to secure your place
Private Classes (£295 per couple)
- Classes taught on weekday evenings, during daytime hours or at weekends
- To individual couples in your own home or at my home within a 45 minute commute from my home in Rotherham
- Flexible start dates & options to suit - please call or email for details
Create your own group
- Mini-group HypnoBirthing classes can be arranged if you and other pregnant ladies that you know wish to form a separate group on different dates from the group class dates above.
- Group rates of £195 per couple will apply
- Classes will be taught at my home or at one of your homes to suit
- Flexible options available- please call or email to discuss further
As a location for group classes, Rotherham is very accessible from all areas of South Yorkshire (Barnsley, Doncaster and Sheffield) Wakefield, Chesterfield, Worksop and North Nottinghamshire. It has excellent motorway links to both M(1) and A(1).
For private classes, I am willing to commute to homes within a 45 minute drive away from my home in Rotherham. This radius covers the following areas:
- South Yorkshire, including the boroughs of Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Sheffield, Chesterfield and North Derbyshire
- Wakefield, Castleford, Pontefract, Huddersfield and other parts of West Yorkshire
- Worksop, Bassetlaw, Mansfield and other parts of North Nottinghamshire
- and Gainsborough in Lincolnshire.
If you would prefer it or if you live further afield than this and want to do classes privately, we can arrange for me to teach them at my comfortable home or make arrangements on an individual basis.
At the start of class one you will receive an exclusive Birth Freedom childbirth preparation pack, including
- The official HypnoBirthing® handbook
- Consolidated course handout pack (professionally presented and very user-friendly)
- A comprehensive HypnoBirthing® birth plan to enable you to clarify and share with your midwives your wishes for each stage of labour and birth
- Deep relaxation and birth affirmations CD
- Access to supplemental CDs and materials available to Hypnobirthing couples
In doing the HypnoBirthing course with me, you also receive, between 12.5 and 15 hours specialist teaching and coaching over 5 classes.See immediately below for details of my ongoing support to you after all classes are completed.
In addition a refresher class is also available at an additional cost. This is useful to refresh your knowledge of the programmme in preparation for future births or if you complete the course at an early stage or to give you the opportunity to revisit the main tools and techniques learned during the classes at a time close to your baby's birth. Please contact me for details.
You will receive all further support that you feel you need from me when you finish the course right through to your baby's birth. I provide personalised support, guidance and coaching by email or phone. I take the post-course support element of my role very seriously.
As a HypnoBirthing® mum myself noone better understands the course materials, how best to teach it and the support needs of HypnoBirthing mums and their partners.
Click on this link to find out what I can offer to you as your HypnoBirthing® practitioner : Go to About Me→
|Course Costs & How to Book
Birth Freedom HypnoBirthing® courses are deliberately provided at very reasonable rates to make them affordable to as many expectant mums as possible whilst maintaining the highest quality of both teaching and course materials provided.
Course fees per couple*:
£ 195 group fee
£ 295 private course fee
*Course fees may sometimes be slightly higher to include fuel costs incurred if the mileage travelled by Clare to teach classes at a private or requested group venue is significantly greater than to attend a locally-based venue. Contact Clare to confirm whether this would apply.
Course fees should be paid in full by cash or cheque at the start of class 1.
To Book a place on the course for you and your partner, please contact me at Birth Freedom→ or use the Sign up for Classes button located near the top of this webpage. I am happy to discuss any particular needs or concerns that you may have, finalise start dates with you and forward a course enrolment form to you for completion prior to the course.
PLEASE NOTE: I would never deny anyone access to the benefits of HypnoBirthing due to genuine financial hardship. For anyone serious about doing the HypnoBirthing course who feels they are unable to do so due to genuinely limited financial means - special rates and/or payment methods may be negotiable. If you feel that this situation applies to you please contact me in total confidence to discuss this further.
I am fully committed to equal opportunities and value diversity and inclusion. My aim is to make my classes as accessible to everyone who wants to do them. If you or your birth companion have a special need, including a disability that requires reasonable adjustments to be made to the way that I provide my classes, please contact me in confidence to discuss further.
HypnoBirthing® is so much more than just a childbirth or antenatal course.
It is a complete birth and parenting preparation and education programme for mums-to-be and their birth partners.
I find that often people express surprise at just how comprehensive the course is. It equips mums and their birth partners not only with everything they need to experienmce and enjoy a relaxed, much more comfortable and easier labour and birth but also to enjoy a calm, confident pregnancy while creating a secure, loving and deep bond with their baby both pre-birth and as a newborn.
The course combines the following elements :
- In-depth teaching and education on
The practical and logistical elements of birth preparation and planning; enabling you to make clear and informed choices and decisions about the kind of birth that you want for yourself and your baby
The importance of pre-birth parenting, bonding techniques and your baby's conscious awareness in the womb
The full physiology of labour and birth - so that you understand exactly what happens and why at each stage during pregnancy and from the onset of labour through to the birthing and early parenting of your baby
- In-depth tuition and coaching on the full range of HypnoBirthing® tools and techniques to support you fully during each stage of labour and birth.
Think of these as your personal toolbox of techniques, which you can freely select from throughout each stage. They include
- Instant and deep relaxation techniques, including self-hypnosis and fear release methods
- Visualisation techniques
- Three Special Breathing techniques to help you work effectively with your body during labour (between and during surges) & birth
- Massage techniques to aid relaxation and facilitate birthing
- Natural Induction methods to initiate labour and to restart labour naturally if it should stall or weaken
These are combined with education and tuition on the following to prepare the body for birth
- physical exercises
- correct posture and
- nutritional guidance
- In addition, you and your birth partner will view fascinating films of real-life UK HypnoBirths which very importantly, will help to convince you that you, your partner and baby can also have a very positive HypnoBirthing experience.
What You Will Learn (A Summary)
For a detailed summary of what you will learn over the 5 classes, please click on the following link: What you will learn→
Next: " About Clare"
Discover what I can offer to you as your prospective HypnoBirthing® practitioner. Find out about my own experience of birth both without and with HypnoBirthing and why I am so passionate about teaching this incredible programme: Go to About Me→